Hudson Oliver Boyd

blog_hudson
It is with the heaviest of hearts that I write this post. I shouldn’t be writing this. I should be writing a celebratory, happy post about new life and all of it’s glorious potential. Instead I’m writing to let you know that on thursday September 25th we found out that our third little boy was gone.

It was a thursday, much like the thursdays in the months prior. Ronna had gone in for a regular appointment and we were set to deliver in seven days. The routine for these appointments has been pretty simple. Get checked in, pay the bill and go to the back for a sonogram. The sonogram tech is the same woman we had with both of the boys so we have quite a rapport with her. Ronna and her immediately knew something was wrong and it didn’t take long to realize there was no movement and no heartbeat. It was then that we found out he was gone. At this point we didn’t have any answers to the obvious questions and we wouldn’t get those answers until we delivered. The hardest part was yet to come – the delivery. We had already elected for a C-Section and were advised that we needed to go through with it as soon as possible so surgery was scheduled for later that afternoon. Surgery went well and that’s when the doctor discovered what he believed caused the death. Hudson was a very big boy – 11 pounds 8 ounces to be precise – and he had an abnormally short umbilical cord. When the doctor pulled him out the cord was loosely wrapped around his neck and we believe that’s what caused him to pass. Even with the grief of knowing we would be leaving the hospital empty handed, he was perfect. He was a chubby little angel like his brothers and he looked just like Tucker. They would have had such a good time together. He would have made the perfect addition to Sawyer and Tucker’s rendition of “Mammas don’t let your babies…” We got to keep him with us in the hospital for the next 12 hours or so while family and friends came and went. It was difficult to see him in his little crib, lifeless but at least we got to see him. I stood over him and waited for him to take a breath and look up at me like his brothers once did. With tears rolling down our cheeks we said our final goodbyes on Friday morning and allowed the nurses to take him away. Never in my life have I felt a greater pain.

It hasn’t gotten much easier since that day but, with the help of family and friends, we’re getting by. People have already rallied around and showered us with love. So many people have been involved it will be hard to thank everyone.

For anyone interested in attending the service, it will be on Tuesday at 11am at Turrentine Jackson Morrow in Allen. Though this is a graveside service, we want to welcome anyone who would like to join us.

“Those we have held in our arms for a little while, we hold in our hearts forever.”

25 thoughts on “Hudson Oliver Boyd

1. Clarissa Nieto Frerich said:

Josh,
    I am so sorry for your loss. I know first hand of the pain you are going through and is hurts my heart to hear you and Ronna are having to go through it as well. Nothing I can say will make you feel better but I know he has a buddy waiting for him to show him around. Sending prayers for you and your family. May God’s arms wrap around you in comfort at this loss.

Clarissa

2. Carla Cherry said:

Josh and Ronna,

You are in my prayers and in my thoughts at this difficult time. When David told me it completely broke my heart. I cannot imagine what you both and your sweet family can be going through. Just know I will praying for you.

3. Nancy Yarbrough said:

I am so sorry to hear of your tragic loss. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

4. Gene Boyd said:

Ronna and Josh, I am so sorry. I have no words to ease the pain of your loss. Mercy, Grace, Peace, Love and Strength to you and your family.

5. Priya Hunter said:

Josh & Ronna,
    Hudson Oliver was a perfect baby…..I don’t even know what to write as I know that nothing will be adequate to say how very sorry I am for the loss you both and his big brothers are going through. I have been praying for you all so much and hope that this enormous sadness, you soon find light and comfort. Susie and Grandpa are with him now, holding and loving on him….. My heart is with you. God bless his heart.

6. Jeneive Molina said:

I am so sorry for your loss. I pray the Lord will give your family strength during this time. You and your family will remain in my prayers.

7. Danielle Davis said:

Josh and family,
    I am so sorry for your loss. After just loosing our first son at 5 weeks I can say I know your hearts are truly breaking. God will carry you through this. Just remember there is hope and you will be together again. 2 Samuel12:23 praying for peace and comfort fir your family.
    Danielle

8. Tammi Terry said:

I dont even know you, but through a mutual friend I came across your heart-breaking news. I just want to send prayers and love your way. My heart aches for you all. I am praying for you. XO

Tammi

9. Amy Hayes said:

I don’t know you but I want you and your sweet family to know that I am praying for you. May God give you peace that passes all understanding during this season of grief.

10. Mary ann Gardiner said:

Ronna and Josh I am so so so sorry for your loss. You and your boys are in my thoughts and prayers.

11. William Truman said:

Forever in your heart, Forever in your life. You shall meet him when the time is right. My heart sinks for you and your wife. I look back at all the happiness we all get to experience with our children and I pull them in tighter now. I hope god can bring yall peace in this difficult time. Know that we are here for you Josh if you need anything. Hudson “Angel” Oliver Boyd!

-yourfriend
    will truman

12. Denice Burnside Webb said:

Josh and Ronna,

I am so sorry about your precious baby boy. Please know that you’re in my thought and prayers.

13. Sandra Garcia said:

Josh, I am very saddened to hear of your precious loss. I’ve never met your wife or children, but your photographs tell a million words. I see the sincere love and passion you have for your family. May the love you have for one another be the source of your healing. Your family, Ronna, Sawyer, Tucker, & Hudson will be in my prayers.
    Sandra Compean-Garcia

14. Lisa Curtiss said:

I came across your post as I am Meredith McAuliff’s aunt. Your news is heartbreaking. I pray that you will soon find peace with God. He does love you! He has little Hudson with him now! We cannot understand His plan sometimes, but through faith we know he has a plan. I will be praying for your family. God Bless.

15. Michelle said:

I do not know you or your family. But May God Bless you all!! You will be in my constant thoughts and prayers. I can’t even begin to empathize or understand what you are going through but I can pray for you and your family. I will pray for you guys tonight and in the many, many days to come.

God Bless You,
    Michelle
    Auburn, AL

16. Lori said:

Josh and Ronna,
    Hudson is beautiful. I am so sorry – there are no words. He’s with Kimberly. She saw him before anyone, perhaps in Heaven. We never understand until we are meant to understand. Our prayers are with you, Ronna and the family. Love, Lori, Stephen, Mag, Stephen and Abigail

17. Kim Sanchez said:

My heart hurts for the loss of your sweet baby Hudson. There are just no words. I’m praying for you.

18. Pat Crane said:

Ronna and Josh, please know how very sorry I am for your loss. Words cannot express the deep sorrow I feel. Our prayers for strength, God’s hands holding you up, your love for one another and the love of family and friends will carry you through. We love you.

19. Suzanne Ward said:

I do not know you, but I am friends with Nancy Self.

I am so sorry you and your family are having to go through this. The worst pain ever is the pain of losing a child. I am praying for all of you, and I know that your little baby has many sweet heavenly angels taking care of him in heaven.

Use the form below to leave a comment.